Product support & information
Shark IQ Robot™ Vacuum R100 with Wi-Fi & Home Mapping
Use BotBoundary® strips to easily block off obstacles or areas you don't want your robot to enter. You may purchase additional BotBoundary® strips here.
SETUP TIPS & TRICKS
As it cleans, your Shark IQ Robot™ will create a map of your home. It may take several cleanings for the robot to finish its mapping. Once mapping is complete, an Interactive Map of your floor plan will be available on the app. With the interactive map, you can name rooms, select which rooms to clean, and send the robot to clean one specific location.
With each cleaning, your robot will update and refine its path to provide optimized cleaning coverage and a cleaning report will be available in the app.
The charge indicator lights on your robot indicate the level of charge.
- Both LEDs are blinking in sequence: Your robot is charging; allow your robot to charge at least three hours between cleaning missions.
- Both LEDs are solid blue: Your robot is fully charged and ready to clean.
- 1 LED is solid blue: Your robot has partial charge.
- 1 LED is solid red: Your robot's battery is getting low and needs recharging. The robot will return to the dock and begin charging.
- 1 LED is flashing red: There is not enough charge for the robot to return to its dock. Manually place the robot on the charging dock or Self-Empty Base. When the robot is docked correctly and begins to charge, it will beep and the charge indicator lights will cycle. Note: It may take up to 5 seconds after contact is made with the dock for the battery indicator lights to display the charging sequence, so if you are adjusting the position of the robot on the dock, wait 5 seconds between adjustments.
- No lights: Your robot is off or completely out of charge. Follow the steps above to manually place the robot on the charging dock.
- Solid Blue: Your robot is successfully connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Solid Red: Not connected.
- Flashing Blue: Your robot is in setup/pairing mode.
- No light: Not set up yet.
"!" Error Indicator:
- See error chart in the user manual for a full list of error codes.
High-pile rugs, carpets & stairs
- In very rare situations, the robot may not be able to navigate around the edges of rugs or carpets (especially high-pile rugs) that are located near stairs.
- To reduce this risk, ensure the edges of all rugs and carpets are at least 4 inches away from all stair ledges.
- To block off these areas, place BotBoundary® strips at least 4 inches from all stair ledges.
Gaps between rugs, carpets & stairs
- Gaps between stair ledges and the edges of carpets, rugs, or BotBoundary® strips can interfere with your robot’s performance.
- When the robot travels into these areas, on rare occasions it may fall over the edge of the stairs.
- To prevent this, keep all rugs, runners, carpets, and BotBoundary® strips at least 4 inches away from all stair ledges and corners.
Robot near marble stairs
- In rare cases, your Shark® robot may not be able to navigate near marble steps, and could possibly fall off them.
- To block off marble steps, place BotBoundary® strips at least 4 inches away from the edge of the top step.