Product support & information
Shark ION™ F80 MultiFLEX® Cordless Stick Vacuum (IF280 Series)
Shark® IONFlex™ 2X DuoClean® Cordless Stick Vacuum (IF285 & UF280)
IF281, IF281C, IF282, IF285, UF280
- Turn off the power and remove battery.
- Check for blockages along the airflow path.
- Check accessories and clear blockages if necessary.
- Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
- Remove the wand and inspect all handheld vacuum openings to make sure there are no obstructions.
- Remove the floor nozzle from the wand and check for blockages
- Inspect the inside of the wand and clear any blockages
- Open the brushroll garage and check that there are no blockages in the air path and no excess hair or fibers around the brushrolls.
If the vacuum still does not start, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
Note that battery run time is affected by the amount of work you are performing. Vacuuming on high pile carpet while using “ION Boost” will reduce battery run time quicker than vacuuming bare floors.
If you have more than one battery, it is recommended that you use each equally in use and charging.
The charger is designed to monitor many factors of the battery. After use, batteries can get warm, a condition that is not optimal for charging. In such cases, the charger waits for the battery temperature to decrease to the optimal point before it begins charging.
- Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the vacuum is tilted back out of upright lock.
- Make sure the power switch is on.
- If red light is illuminated on the floor nozzle, check for blockages (refer to your Instruction Booklet).
- Turn off the power and remove battery. Then, remove any excess hair that has wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
- Remove any debris from the soft roller and roller housing.
- Check that the handheld vacuum and wand connectors are fully engaged and free of debris at connection points.
- Replace battery and turn power on.
If the brushrolls are still not turning on, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
If the issue persists, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.